Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Craft Week: Wooden Spool Garland



 I'm back with another Christmasy craft! This is the same one I made last year, except this year it is bigger and better! I was originally inspired by garland from modcloth, that was almost the same expect the fabric was just red and green with little variation. I personalized it and kept a scrap from each project I made this year and wrapped it on a wooden spool! This is a great reminder of all the cute things I sewed all year, It is my version of the "recap post".

It is super simple to do, I used the same rope and beads from last year, and just had to buy some more spools from etsy. I bought a pack of 50 and used them all up! That's a lot of projects. I kept a cup in my sewing room and every time I cut out a new project I put a scrap the cup.There is even some linings and trim on there. This is a really fun and easy way to add some sewing theme to your Christmas decor, you could even use leftover spools of thread, and wrap your fabric around that!

Have you ever made any sewing related Christmas crafts? 








Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! What a neat idea and neat record of what you've accomplished this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super cute! I love bringing the sewing theme into christmas decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea. I love it!

    Also, your Elf decoration made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete