Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Craft Week: Christmas Hats!

I've been whipping up some more hats! This time I made by own bases and covered them with fabric. One hat is decorated with a matching bow and Russian veiling. The second (my favorite) is covered with fabric that matches my Christmas dress (to be blogged about) with rick rack around the edge and a Christmas ornament on top! It looks like something out of Whoville!





 These hats are quick to whip up and super satisfying. First I cut a circle of buckram, hand stitch some millinery to the edge. Then I cover the top in batting and then the fabric and attach it at the bottom. Then I sew some wool felt to the bottom, attach the hair comb and decorate the top! It's a great way to use up some scrap fabric. I found the tree ornament at Michael's and cut off the loop that attaches it to the tree and just tacked it to the base of the hat. 

I had plans to make even more hats but Christmas is coming too fast! See you tomorrow with the last craft of Christmas craft week! (ok maybe it's been longer than a week, whatever)










Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Whether in the history or at present, hats play an important part of ornament and practical function.make your own snapback

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not be afraid to make mistakes if your life has changed comment

    ReplyDelete