Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas Craft Week: Sheri Berry Holiday Quilt!



I made a quilt, for the first time ever! I found this panel on etsy, which was adorable, and quickly decided to make a quilt with it. The panel is Sheri Berry from Northcott, a few years ago. I even found a free pattern to make a quilt from the panel. I carefully followed the pattern and started collecting the fabrics for my first quilt. 

I found some other fabrics from the same collection, as well as found some suitable fabrics in my stash for the blocks. (can you see my cambie dress fabric in there?!) I also found the perfect backing fabric in my stash, 3 yards of pink cookie fabric i bought YEARS  The hardest thing about quilting is cutting with the rotary cutter. SO much cutting. I much prefer my scissors and pattern paper. I found some stripes, polka dots and adorable bow fabrics that match the fabric, all from Fabricland. They all had to be cut into strips. And I cut squares out of the other fabric.


I used my quarter inch presser foot, and started to sew all those blocks together. No back stitching, and pressing the seams to one side NOT OPEN. Quilting is weird. I followed the pattern except I added another row of the bows after the blocks. To quilt it I used the walking foot and stitched it the ditch, or at least attempted to. It was a little bit hard to do. 

I also added rick rack to the binding, following this tutorial found on pinterest. The whole thing took me about a week and a half. It was fun to make something different, but I don't think quilting is for me. 















Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's very cute and happy. Quilting is VERY different from sewing clothes but sometimes it makes a nice change...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just amazing... i can't even...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most popular projects is coloring Easter eggs. If you do not want to make such a mess, then you can consider using egg-shaped Styrofoam balls and paint them.Giant teddy bears

    ReplyDelete