Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Craft: Spool Garland

 
On the first day of Christmas craft week, I bring to you... a spool garland for your lovely tree.




Last year my Mom gave me a spool garland from Modcloth, I really liked it and wanted more for my tree. I saved up a scrap from each project I made this year. I kept a little cup by the sewing machine, and put a scrap in after each project was done. Now I have a spool to remember everything I made. I like my tree to have a lot of colorful, crazy stuff on it, some may even call it gaudy.

This was so easy to do, and the materials were really cheap! I got 50 wooden spools from eBay, some mixed wooden beads from Michael's, and some twine. Cut the fabric scrap to the width of the spool, dab a dot of hot glue, and wrap the scrap around the spool, glue again. Then I just made a loop at the end of the twine, strung the beads, then the spool, etc. It couldn't have been more easy! I even added some yarn from things I knitted this year. 






Here is my crazy tree!



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Your tree is terrific...it looks professionally done! GREAT job! I especially like your Rockettes. I think my Barbie-loving friend could make her own so I sent her a link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love my Rockettes too, bring your barbie loving friend on over!

      Delete
  2. I love it! I too have a crazy "not perfect" tree - I appreciate the realism. And, I love the garland.

    ReplyDelete