Monday, September 20, 2010

Knitting Book Review






Recently I bought 2 new knitting books and I thought I would share my thoughts. I actually pre-ordered this first book, Knitting it Old School  by Stitchy McYarnpants and Caro Sheridan from amazon, and was excited about it. When it finally came in the mail it was a bit of a let down, ok maybe a big let down. It is a very good concept and the cover design is very cute, but do not be fooled by the cover. Out of 41 patterns, I actually liked 3, and out of those 3 only 1 would be wearable for my body style.

Swing Time by Kirsten Kapur
Everything she makes is gorgeous so it is no surprise this is too
Just not good for me boobs + ribbing = BIG NO

Saucy Convertible by Marnie MacLean
Very cute, it would just make me nervous because of the bra problems.
I also want that pillow!


St. Moritz by Snowden Becker
This is my favorite and the only thing that is wearable for me.

Ok and now for just some of the bad ones.
No I do not need a pattern for a crochet bottle poodle.



The fastest way to make a guy break up with you...matching sweaters.


crochet cameltoe yes please!

This girl must have wanted to kill herself.
I left out some other gems, a men's sweater with a giant intarsia stag, like a bunch of speed racer sweaters, 2 Trekkie sweaters. I like kitchy things but you have to draw a line somewhere, and this book can be a bit ridiculous. I'm sorry, it is just my opinion. 
Tomorrow I will post another new book review.
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment