Thursday, September 23, 2010

Knitting Book Review Part 2


I love this book! I ordered it on a whim, I haven't heard anything about it and the patterns are not on Ravelry but I'm so glad I did! Ohio Knitting Mills by Steven Tatar covers 4 decades of fashion knitwear from the archives of the mills that produced the sweaters worn by most Americans. Tatar uncovered thousands of original creations from the mills in Cleveland and adapted 26 pattens to the modern knitter. He takes you through the history of American sportswear, in a different way than other vintage knitting books. The sweaters remind me of the clothes from Fossil, Penguin and everyone's favorite Anthropologie.

What I like about this book is that the designs are actually different, I am tired of seeing the same old knitting patterns. There are actually different colors, and prints. I love the blue sweater on the back that says love all over it. These are patterns that you could actually wear, and look stylish in. The men's sweaters are also really cool, Ohio Knitting Mills even made sweaters for Mr. Rogers! That is legit. Some of the patterns include steeking (eek!), which really scares me but it might be time to learn a new technique... Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna start a racing and dumb things i saw Irwyn do blog to compete with your knitting blog!

    ReplyDelete