Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Stockings are Hung

Now that I'm engaged my Fiance needs a Christmas stocking to match the rest of the family's. Last year I finally made one for my Dad. I bought another stocking kit from Elegant Heirlooms, this one is called Jolly Ol' Saint Nick, and has a giant Santa face. I knitted the name in as I went along, which is very easy once you figure out the spacing, to make it centered. This time I used a size 7 needle and the intarsia came out much better. I also replaced the yarn for the beard included with the kit (it was a single strand of mohair) with a much fuzzier angora. I love the way it came out. Now on to knitting Christmas presents!



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . Kyle's is bigger than the others! Are you playing favorites?

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Gail. He better not expect it to be filled up!

    ReplyDelete