Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finished Coat! Vogue 8548



TA DA! My finished coat. My version of Vogue pattern 8548. I love this coat, it is so warm and cozy. It is completely interlined with lambswool, and lined with a bright blue china silk. I also ordered some custom buttons from Pat's Custom Buttons and Belts. A lot of tailoring went into this coat, the entire inside is stiched with hymo which helps the coat keep its shape.

I added a third button to the pattern, at the top, which keeps the wide neck in place. Pockets are a neccesity on a winter coat, so I also included some in the coat. This color combo in the houndstooth is so great, tan and white, it is a true neutral. All my other coats are wild colors so a nuetral color was good to make, it goes with all my purses, shoes, hats and gloves. I will be wearing this all winter.







See the inside of the coat here
Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Well done! I love your shoes too - you have the best shoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I absolutely love those buttons! I'm working on this coat myself right now. I would love, love,love to know what you did about the rear opening for the bound button holes. Did you add a facing or cut through the silk lining?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shape of the coat, the buttons, and of course the lining! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the lining! Lovely fit as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really, really nice coat!! Good job! It looks stylish, and like it's warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I have some fabric just like that except mine is light teal and beige. Now I know what I am going to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously that is one fabulous coat. I think I am definitely going to have to buy this pattern! Super stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!! it is very pretty! I saw the progress of doing it, it is no easy to do a coat.....right now I am doing one .

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a gorgeous coat - the buttons are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I really love it and I soo want to make a coat now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a coat! That's amazing. And, it looks great, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely and warm. Suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wandered over here from SewRetro...this coat is fabulous! I love contrast linings!

    ReplyDelete