Friday, December 30, 2011

My December

Sorry for the lapse in posts, it's been a crazy month! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Not only have I been knitting up a storm for some Christmas presents, but I also went wedding dress shopping! Remember a while back when I won the wedding dress from Amsale, well I finally went to go pick it out. It was such a memorable experience and I had such a fun time with my Mom and Maid of Honor. The dresses are amazing, and it was so fun to see actual gowns, inside and out. It was interesting to see the sewing techniques I use on "couture". There is a lot of horsehair braiding in the dresses. Anyway, I'm keeping my choice a surprise so you'll have to wait until the Fall to see!


 

My Mom and I outside of the Amsale Flagship Store

After all of that excitement I was ready to do some knitting for Christmas! I took my time on the first hat, for my brother, which ended in DISASTER! The "Weekend in the Country Hat"  by Mimi Hill, is a interesting hat. A plaid colorwork hat, was simple to make just a bit time consuming with the color changes. Somehow it came out too small and too long! The only person it would fit is the life size reindeer in the kitchen. Good thing he looks good in it.




The Strib hat was the perfect solution to my problem. It is quick, easy, free pattern, and manly. I made four of them using different worsted weight I had in my stash. They were a big hit!





HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. You look adorable in your gorgeous new coat! Such a pity about the plaid hat - it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding dress day was one of the best days of my life. Your gown is gorgeous and you look like an angel. This will be a very happy new year! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog post love

    -cal

    ReplyDelete