Monday, November 28, 2011

Betty Sweater


 I finished a sweater! This is betty from Rowan Magazine #50. I had to make this as soon as I saw it, I just love the fair isle neckline. It also gave me an excuse to use my favorite yarn again; blue sky alpacas melange and sport weight. The body of the sweater is made out of melange (which has a more subtle coloring than the sport weight, otherwise the same), this color is called cotton candy. The fair isle is mainly made from colors I had leftover from another sweater.



 This was a very simple sweater to make. The body is knit in 2 pieces, and increases to make the sleeves. Then the collar is knitted in the round, picking up from the neckline. You could change up this pattern very easily, making a different fair isle pattern or design. This is a simple sweet pattern, which knit up rather quickly.





Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love your colors! And your boots! And your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I know so many people that knit but have never met any one that actually finished a sweater! Yours is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete