Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Quantoid Hat

 I made another hat, this one is for the boyfriend. It is the Quantoid Hat from the Fall 2010 issue of Knitscene. I'm not sure what a quantoid is but I like this hat. I made the bigger size but I used a DK weight yarn instead of a worsted. I used Koigu Kersti, in two different shades of grey.

I shortened it quite a bit. Instead of the 8 row repeat I cut it down to 6 rows, and then I cut out the 4 row repeat in the crown shaping. It came out perfectly, the extra rows would have made the hat way too long. This is the perfect hat for boys, and fun to make. It's not just a monotonous ribbed hat, the color work and the varied vertical stripes make it interesting to make. I whipped this one up in three days, in between finishing sewing my Lady Grey.





Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment