Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lady Grey Hem


Has anyone else been having trouble hemming this coat? I have been fretting over it for a while. I would be a lot farther right now if this hem wasn't scaring me so much. Going the 2 inches all the way around wasn't working at all, it was all sorts of uneven and making me very nervous. I was getting discouraged and then looked to the floor and it was my muslin. Oh yeah, I can use that! So I quickly measured a 2 inch hem every inch all the way around and cut. Then i put my muslin (actually it's half a muslin by now) through the sleeve like a vest and I had an easy way to mark my hem.



You can see that my dress form has a hem measurement device but when I tried to use it, it PULLED MY FABRIC! The horror! I feel so betrayed. I don't know what to do to fix it, it's made out of sharp plastic. I finshed my hem using Gertie's excellent advice as always.
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment