Monday, October 4, 2010

Rick- Rack Sweater

Hooray! My Rick- Rack sweater is finally done, I am knitourious. I've been lugging this thing around for months just staring at it, not knitting it, staring at it, beginning to hate it. But nothing feels better than finishing something! The pattern is from a classic elite booklet, Sunday Brunch. I used Debbie Stoller's new Stitch Nation Yarn Bamboo Ewe, in a Eucalyptus color. This is an excellent economic yarn, I think I used seven balls at $3.50 each (Joann's always has a sale).

I added an elastic under the bust for a better fit. II was determined to make it with a hood as it is pictured, but I realized that I don't ever wear hoodies, so why am I going to knit one. I went with a flattering cowl neck and was done way faster. The sleeves also turned out too long, so I tucked them under and slip stitched.The only problem I had was with the sleeves the caps were too big and I had to gather it and make a puff sleeve. It turned out to be a nice cozy sweater.
                                

Many thanks to the wonderful Verbena for taking the beautiful pictures!


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I like your choice with the neckline. I got a mostly finished version of this sweater from a charity shop, along with one other unfinished sweater. The only thing not done is the hoodie. I'm wondering if I can buy your copy of that booklet. I don't want to make anything else from that booklet, and I only really need the instructions for the hoodie (with, hopefully, the modifications you made). I'm njeanneb on Ravelry and I'll send this message there as well.

    ReplyDelete