Saturday, July 11, 2015

Embroidered Hazel Sundress




I've been saving this embroidered fabric from Mood since October, waiting to make the perfect sundress. It's a linen blend, maybe 100% linen, that was from Marc Jacobs. This is actually the  second version of the same dress. The first version was something I semi drafted from something else, the bodice was too big, and just ended up weird. I had JUST enough fabric left to cut a Colette Patterns Hazel bodice, which I knew would fit.


I made skinny straps that are long enough to tie at the shoulder. I found the perfect shade of rick rack which i put along the top and two rows on the center front piece.  I took these pictures after a lunch out with my husband so my facing is peeking out, my dress is a little wrinkled and the strapless bra is falling down, Whatever, I think it looks better in person. 


And hooray for perfectly matching shoes!



This is the perfect dress to throw on a hot day and look put-together and cute!


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that is cute! And would look cute on a cooler day with a short green sweater to match, too! Do you knit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. What a stunning dress. That embroidered border is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this beautiful dress. This has to be one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty! I love the tie straps - makes it look like a completely different pattern! I also love you shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress! But I must admit, I am very distracted by those shoes. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is so cute! I love the embroidery and the rick-rack.

    ReplyDelete