Monday, February 16, 2015

Simplicity 1609, another Jiffy dress

This is one of the things that has been hanging in my closet forever, and I have yet to show you. Not sure why, it is so shiny and pretty! I made this dress last year to display at fabricland, to show off this amazing silk fabric. It is a very lightweight silk jacquard, with silver metallic paisley print to it. 

The pattern is my second version of Simplicity 1609, the jiffy pattern. This time I made the bow instead of the scalloped collar. The entire dress is underlined in white kona cotton, to give it body. The white gave the light pink fabric the perfect pop, and made the metallic stand out even more.  I hand basted the layers together before sewing the dress. 







I even took and inside shot for you all! Woo look at those guts. I have to remember to tack down the underarm facing, it pops out whenever I wear it. I like how this dress has the all in one facing, it looks so much cleaner. You can also see how I can never bother to take out my basting stitches. Anyone else guilty of that?

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty dress! The colour is perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm just realizing I need to make way more things this color

      Delete
  2. What beautiful fabric, It looks lovely on you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress! I love the pattern and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you dress and ballet flats🥿❤

    ReplyDelete