Thursday, May 17, 2012

Prada Inspired Car Fabric

I've been wanted to make my own car fabric for forever, and trying to figure out a way to make it wearable, and chic. When I saw the Prada Spring/Summer 2012 runway, I knew what I had to do.

Prada Spring/Summer 2012
Source
My family has always been into cars, and every year we spend time at a racetrack, racing Shelbys. This is even how I met my fiance. I wanted to make a shirt I could wear that wasn't a icky t-shirt. I can't draw so needed something that I could scan and photoshop into an image. It took me a little while to find the perfect thing to scan and use for the basis of the images, but it was right in my attic. My Dad's copy of Ford's 1970 performance guide. So I scanned the images and with the help of photoshop (and a lot of help from my friends), I made an image for spoonflower, the company that prints whatever fabric you can think up.






AND VIOLA!

My personalized car fabric. I ordered two yards of the cotton poplin. I love it, I'm planning on making a sleeveless peplum blouse, just in time for the car even in the beginning of June!


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment