Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Peggy Sue Sweater





I FINISHED A KNITTING PROJECT. This is epic people. Ever since I've become obsessed with sewing, knitting seems to have taken a backseat. And then I got a smart phone. So instead of watching a movie and knitting, I have the phone in my hand  instead of needles. And I feel bad about it. But look a pretty red sweater!







The pattern is Peggy Sue, a basic cropped cardigan, which is free, woohoo. I started it this Spring because I thought it would be a quick (ha) knit, and I desperately needed a red cardigan. Then summer happened, and I quickly lost interest. But I picked it back up in September and now I have my red cardigan.

This is a top down raglan, with cables at the neckline and hems. The cables were very simple and went even faster than the stockinette stitch. Sometimes when knitting raglans, and before you break for the armholes, it seems like every row takes FOREVER. I used to be so fast knitting things! Oh well.

The yarn is Debbie Bliss Mia, a wool, cotton blend. I thought it would be perfect for all year long. It was very smooth and easy to knit with. The buttonhole are a little too big for my buttons, so I need to go back and make them a little tighter. I finished this sweater about a month ago, and have found so many different ways to wear it. The knitted cardigans I have made over the years have gotten SO much use, I really need to buckle down and make more.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I love your sweater !!! The color is awesome on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So damn cute. SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love this on you! I might have to make one as well. Such a cute pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete