I've been eyeing up this Anna Sui silk cherry print in my local fabric store for a while, but there was a little over a yard of it, which I couldn't think of anything to make with it, and it was kind of expensive. When it appeared on the remnant table for $10 a yard, I quickly snatched it up, and felt very lucky. I've been contemplating what to do with it for a while and finally envisioned the perfect blouse, made from Colette Pattern's Macaron dress.
For the sleeves and upper neck I used a black cotton shirting, which also served as underling for the silk bodice. This was one of those projects that I had a lot of trouble with, and not for any particular reason. I had to sew and and seam rip over and over. I cut the peplum bottom way to short the first time, and had to re cut and piece the back together. For the bottom I used the original pattern and just cut it at the 9" mark. I think I was nervous about cutting this fabric I was so in love with that I was making a lot of dumb mistakes.
It work out ok in the end and I finally have a blouse out of my favorite fabric, and funnily enough it will look perfect under the starlet suit jacket. The jacket is the same color as the leaves in the print! Perfect addition to a custom sewn wardrobe.
Pin It Now!