Monday, May 16, 2011

Blue Dress

As an avid follower of Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing, I have been in love with her yellow dress that she made ever since she made it last year.  Recently she posted that McCall's had a similar pattern out (M6350) I knew I had to make it!

Isn't it gorgeous!

I gathered my supplies, a cotton blue jacquard from my stash, cotton batiste for the lining and silk organza for bodice lining. It will also have boning, I bought the spiral steel boning, which is what Miss Gertie used. The McCalls pattern comes in cup sizing, but i still had to do some sizing up in the cups and make a few muslins. It's coming along, and hopefully I can wear it to my brother's college graduation next week!


Lots of fabric!
final muslin
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, can't wait to see this completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your muslin looks great! The fits is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it!!! Love Gertie's dress, wish that McCall's pattern came in a bigger size...

    ReplyDelete