Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Balloons for Blocking!


I did a lot of bust shaping for the beatnik sweater , 4-5 inches of it. It looked like a giant flap when working with it, a giant nippley flap. I had to do something to fix it while blocking. I wet the pieces in my bathtub, with a little Soak, pinned the sleeves and back to towels. For the front I inflated balloons to size, using my bra as a measurement and then put the balloons under the sweater and pinned the front like the rest. Laying on the floor it looks a little like J-Woww but it worked out well.





Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool way to block your sweater front!!! Would never have thought of using balloons.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I haven't added extra shaping to sweaters but in some patterns it would help since I could use the extra room. I can imagine that the sweater won't wear nicely unless blocked with a like shape. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete