Friday, January 21, 2011

Vintage Patterns

BREAKING NEWS!


I bought my first vintage patterns. This is very exciting. They both happen to be Simplicity patterns from the early 60s. The first pattern 3473, will be so cute in the spring, I love the little jacket with it too. The second pattern 5707 will make a stunning evening look, it has an optional lace overlay. Now I just need somewhere to go! I also bought a giant roll of tracing paper from Staples to trace the patterns. Has anyone else sewn with vintage patterns? Any tips for a rookie?




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I really like both of them... Can't wait to see what you make :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love old sewing patterns, and you have chosen two really cute ones! I've made several things from old patterns, and my only advice is to read the instructions thoroughly numerous times before starting! Old instructions are not as broken down as modern patterns. : )

    ReplyDelete