Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Poppy Moneta


This is actually my fourth Colette Pattern's Moneta dress, but the first one you have actually seen! I've made two winter versions with long sleeves, and a sleeveless that's on display at work for a class I'm teaching this summer. This one is my favorite. The fabric is an Art Gallery knit, the same as I used for my Carolyn Pjs. I've made something with 4 different of their prints now, they are so easy to work with and wash really well. 


I made the size L, which works fine for me. I did have to lengthen the bodice quite a bit, I have a long torso. I got this fabric from Fabric.com, I saw this print and I had to have it. (Plus I got 3% back on it with Ebates!). I ordered a little bit less than what the pattern said I needed, because they only sell in half yard increments. I had so much fabric left over! I was short an 1/8th and I had 7/8th left over.  The fabric is wide enough that you can make two folds facing each other and fit the bodices. Same for the lining. I used the lining fabric for the undercollar, which also saves some fabric. 

The biggest change I made was to omit the seam from the collar. It doesn't need it and it just creates bulk at the shoulder. I did the same thing with the Colette Hawthorn, I hate bulky seams! I overlapped the pattern pieces and made a new all in one collar. 




This is my favorite Moneta yet! So easy to wear, I am tempted to make my 5th! I'm taking a trip to Italy this Summer and this dress is definitely coming with me! 
Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Extremely cute dress, Erika! It's great when you have a style that looks great on you AND is "easy to wear". Enjoy your trip to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and fits so well. Krystle went to Italy on her honeymoon. Thanks fur the tip on the collar. g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Italy for our honeymoon too! It was the best, she will have such a good time!

      Delete
  3. What a great dress! That fabric is awesome and the dress looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I just ordered this print, so it was nice to see it sewn up and in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You picked a great print for this third version! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric! This looks great on you. Please share your other versions so I can drool over those as well.

    ReplyDelete