Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lonsdale Dress


 Hello there, sewing friends! I finally made my first Sewaholic Lonsdale dress. Its such a fun summer dress, perfect for days spent drinking sangria.

I used Art Gallery's voile, which is so soft and fun to work with. I had been eyeing it up at working trying to think of the perfect use for it, and Lonsdale seems to be it. I had to make some changes to the bust pattern in order for it to work. I did a fba, and added a bust dart. I also shirred the back bodice pieces. I love wearing the sweetheart dresses that I have shirred all summer and thought it would be a cute addition.

Its not the most perfect fit, the waistband is a little tight, but whatever. If i was going to make it again i would make the shirring into panels in the back, not shir the whole back. It makes it kinda hard to zip up, and the zipper is more exposed than I would like. It's getting harder to overlook imperfections when sewing. Things don't always turn out perfect and I can't beat myself up about it. Does anyone else have that problem?

Well I'm off to enjoy one of the last weekends of the summer! Hope you are too!





Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Love your version of this pattern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out very cute - I used this fabric for the Anna dress pattern and it is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice and glad to finally see someone busty in this dress! Did you add any structural support or just wore a strapless bra?

    ReplyDelete