Friday, March 1, 2013

Reknitting

I've recently lost some weight, yay, but now my hand knit sweaters don't fit the same, boo. I have a lot of sweaters that I've made but I just haven't been wearing them because the fit is off. 

I've ripped the front out of my beatnik babe sweater, removed the bust shaping and reknit it. I hate reknitting. I'd rather be working on my neglected fairisle sweater, (which I still need to make the sleeves for), but instead I'm ripping out things from 2- 3 years ago and trying to remember what I originally did. Thank God for ravelry, because I have the worst memory and would never be able to keep track! Here is the new and improved beatnik:




And now I need help altering one of my favorite sweater, Meredith by Kim Hargreaves.The neckline is gaping, the sides are too bit, its just unflattering. I worked so hard on it, I just can't wrap my head around how to fix it. Do I just take up the shoulders, take in the whole thing, I'm just too emotionally invested in the sweater to evaluate it. Ever feel that way?
HELP ME!!!!




Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I have no clue, but that is a gorgeous sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Don't rip out Meredith! It's so beautiful! I think you should take out the neck ribbing and redo that on much smaller needles, but then hand-baste the sides in by a half or one inch and see how you like it. Then you could machine stitch it smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meredith is beautiful! I am a beginner knitter and all this talk of reknitting scares the crap out of me. You are brave! Your reknitting lookds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh noes! I can be of zero assistance here - when I lost a stack of weight I just went out and got new stuff. That was in another life though... before sewing. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete