Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Abbey Coat Muslin

I'm slowly crawling out of the black hole of flu that's been going around. I haven't done anything constructive for 5 days,but today I finally felt up to finishing my coat muslin. 

Most of the pieces I cut from some green felt fabric I had to simulate the weight of wool, and the rest in just muslin fabric when I ran out of felt. I think the fit is good, but not great. The upper sleeve is too tight, and I'm not really sure how I feel about the sleeve length for winter. I may lengthen them. It seems to be bunching a little bit around the upper  breast, I supposed a full bust adjustment would fix that. Or maybe it's just a result of the too tight sleeve.  It felt good on, but now looking at these photos it looks kind of blah. Maybe it's just because I'm feeling blah. 

Any fitting suggestions? Anyone else just feeling blah today?










Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Hope you fell better. Suggestion is take few cm on the back... Will eliminate the draglines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to bear in mind however many layers you might wear under it. You only have a t-shirt on in the pic, don't know about you but I would have a jumper too.
    The shoulders look a little wide, are they supposed to have shoulder pads? This could be causing some of the pull. If the shoulders were padded it would lift the sleeve and give more room. It also looks a little long in the waist which is causing some pulling at the hips, perhaps shorten through the waist also.
    Don't forget to move in it too to see where any other issues might be.
    Sorry to sound critical, but I can see you have the same fitting issues I have so they jump out at me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Lizzie, I appreciate it. I'm actually wearing a cardigan underneath which is normal for me. I will try it on again and take a closer look about the shoulders and waist length.

      Delete
  3. I don't have any fit suggestions, I just wanted to say I hope you feel better, and kudos to you for what you have already come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from a PR link ... I have similar large-bust fit issues. I think it might help to add an inch or two to the front side pieces in the upper bust region, where the arm hole meets the bust and the fabric is bunching up. You know how to insert a triangle for a full bust adjustment?

    ReplyDelete