Monday, June 11, 2012

Ford Peplum Shirt : Vogue 8815


Remember the Prada inspired fabric I designed from Spoonflower? Inspired by the Prada Spring 2012 line, but personalized with some of my favorite cars. I finished this shirt just in time for my family's trip to the racetrack. This year we went to Watkins Glen, New York, which was beautiful, we had such a great time.

Almost ever year we travel to a different racetrack, as part of the Shelby American Automobile Club and my Dad and Brother race their cars on the track. It's always fun to go for a few days and see the all the cars, and spend time with my family.  It was 6 years ago at the convention I met my now fiance!  (That's his yellow car)

I never like to wear a men's t-shirt, and the shirts meant for women are usually not my style, so  designed and a more feminine shirt to combine my interests; cars and sewing. A peplum top was the perfect design for this masculine car fabric. I used Vogue 8815, and added a bit of matching light blue rick rack to the hem. There were so many cool cars there, no one even noticed my shirt!




I even helped to fix one of the cars!

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I especially love the ricrac at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing fabric, you have a great eye for design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty :) Love the edging around the hem too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great - I really want to try Spoonflower, it looks amazing. Your shirt is fabulous - careful you don't get it dirty around all those cars!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I keep forgetting about spoonflower, you have inspired me to take advantage of this source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Spoonflower was fun to use, and shipped super fast.

      Delete
  6. Very cute! I might have to try something similar. And I'm loving that pattern too. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute. I love your top.. The car fabric was just perfect for the race track.. I love the pattern you chose too.Looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete