Monday, March 19, 2012

Starlet Suit Jacket: the home stretch

I'm so close to finishing my Starlet Suit Jacket. I took a little break from hemming the lining, to show the progress in pictures.

Set in sleeve method
I still had to ease in my sleeve to make it fit

Using my sleeve roll to steam the facing seams

collar facing


Silk organza to make the buttonholes on the facing

Cutting the holes is so scary!

silk organza gets turned to the wrong side

weft fused to the hem

inside of the coat after it is hemmed

now it really looks like a jacket!

Lining body is in, now to hem it and put in the sleeves

OK, back to work for me. I'm getting really excited and can't wait to wear it!
Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. It's looking really beautiful! I haven't started mine yet but this is getting me in the mood! I'm impressed you found matching silk organza. I had a lot of trouble finding anything other than black. The lining is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K.Line. I had the organza in my stash! It's actually blue but it blends well with the green.

      Delete
    2. So it is. I was bamboozled! And I second Gail. You really do have all the cool stuff!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is SO impressive! It looks amazing! And you have so many fancy gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Gail, I am very fancy. I just got the point presser on Ebay. My iron is my favorite thing, a fancy gift from my fiance.

      Delete
  3. This looks so lovely! The color is great and the floral lining is pure adorable. Maybe I missed this, but are you making the coordinating skirt too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I am NOT doing the skirt. I can't even find the pattern, it only has instructions in the course materials no pattern. I was confused and contacted craftsy, and they seem to think they are in the materials. Whatever.

      Delete
  4. ooh getting close! I'm still drooling over your fabric though. Where DO you get coating in this colour??!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting all the photos, love it.

    ReplyDelete