Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Look 6587

NOT CUTE!
I sewed on all the buttons and tried on the dress and it is too big! It is too big everywhere but the bust. Bleh. The measurements were just right for me so I don't know how it can be so wrong. I've been trying it on every step, but sewing the buttons on made a big difference.  Now I guess I'm going to take it apart and try to make it smaller. It is not flattering.


Look you can see the floor through my dress! That is not supposed to happen. Does anyone have any suggestions?  I need to take a mental break from this dress and move onto the next project.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Colette forum and had a suggestion. I wonder if elongating the back darts and makeing them bigger/deeper at the top would take care of the extra puff in the back and pull the front closer to your body. I've experienced the frustation of trying something on after working so hard only to discover it doesn't fit. I'd try test-pinning the darts in to see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete