Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Craft Week: Christmas Hats!

I've been whipping up some more hats! This time I made by own bases and covered them with fabric. One hat is decorated with a matching bow and Russian veiling. The second (my favorite) is covered with fabric that matches my Christmas dress (to be blogged about) with rick rack around the edge and a Christmas ornament on top! It looks like something out of Whoville!





 These hats are quick to whip up and super satisfying. First I cut a circle of buckram, hand stitch some millinery to the edge. Then I cover the top in batting and then the fabric and attach it at the bottom. Then I sew some wool felt to the bottom, attach the hair comb and decorate the top! It's a great way to use up some scrap fabric. I found the tree ornament at Michael's and cut off the loop that attaches it to the tree and just tacked it to the base of the hat. 

I had plans to make even more hats but Christmas is coming too fast! See you tomorrow with the last craft of Christmas craft week! (ok maybe it's been longer than a week, whatever)










Pin It Now!

1 comment: