Hey guys, I made a romper! I Frankensteined two Colette Patterns, the top from Hawthorn and the Iris shorts, both of which I made before, into this fun romper. The fabric is a Kokka canvas from Fabricland, with an adorable polka dot and parrot pattern. Of course I had to wear parrot earrings to match!
I changed very little with the patterns to make them match up. I did have to lengthen the waistband to fit my torso. If I made it again I would lengthen the hawthorn top to meet the shorts. I left the left side seam open to put a zipper in so I could get in and out of it. I'm not gonna lie, its not the easiest thing to take off, I kind of get stuck in the armholes, but it's doable.
I did some modifications to the shorts, but mainly to make them fit me. I lengthened them and omitted the pockets. I feel like I had enough design details and the pocket tend to gape open, and I didn't want that.
I was super nervous going into this that it would be a complete failure, and I wouldn't even be able to get it on, but I like the outcome! It's actually very comfortable, and I think its really fun!