Saturday, January 21, 2012

Meringue Skirt : The Colette Sewing Handbook


After I finished the Roobios dress for the second time, I still had a bit of fabric left over, and whipped up some meringue! Meringue is the first pattern in the Colette Sewing Handbook : a must have for anyone that wants to sew. I had enough of the wool herringbone for the skirt body and the waist facing, but not the hem facing. I used a little bit of grey poly that was laying around.

I finally gave in and bought an invisible zipper foot, and was amazed that my zipper looked actually invisible. Imagine that! I also love the way that the waist facing is enclosed on the zipper side. It makes it look so much more professional. This skirt came together in a flash and really is a useful wardrobe addition. I can wear it with about a million things. I'm definitely going to make more, that I can wear in the spring.




P.S. does anyone know why there is the weird shadow in the pictures and what I can do about it? I'm new at using my fancy camera.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. cute!! Especially the color combination and overall styling of the outfit.
    wear with pride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like your fabric choice. It keeps the look balanced. Sometimes those scalloped hems get a little cutesy for me (maybe that has something to do with my excessive use of polka dot fabric?), but this looks very chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! @Sue yes I agree about scalloped hems. This fabic is very menswear so it's not as cutesy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your skirt.. And I really love your twinset cardigan top.. So pretty with this skirt..

    ReplyDelete