Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lady Grey Fabric



I'm making a coat! I have been contemplating making the Lady Grey Coat by Colette patterns but the advanced label on the patten was a little scary. But then Miss Gertie announced the Lady Grey Sew-Along and squashed any concerns I had.  I have already learned so much from her blog, especially her Vlog about the coat she made last winter. ITS AMAZING. So if I'm going to do this coat I wanna do it right.


So I'm Ready (ish). I've been studing the very scary but informative Tailoring book Gertie recomended. I just bought my fabric which I am very excited about. I didn't have time to go to the garment district so I went to a fabric store down the shore. (Yeah I'm from Jersey, deal.)  The Stich and Sew Centre in Lakewood has a great selection of wool. And the lady that helped me was perfect (thanks Beth!). With the help of my Mom I picked out a magenta wool crepe from Tahari. Its so gorg. I also bought hair canvas interfacing and the heavy weight muslin i needed. I have some teal china silk coming I ordered that I'm still on the fence about but I'll let you know....
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment